The IET Vision and Imaging Network will
make awards to the best PhD and MSc
projects nominated by a University
Department for the excellence of work in
vision and imaging technologies.
MSc Prize - £100, PhD Prize - £400
* Sponsored by Unientry.org
Deadline: 1st November 2013
You can download a copy of the poster here
Nominations should be made by email
Name of student, title of project,
name of department and University,
300 word (max) abstract in PDF
format, and a short statement from
the tutor as to why the Student
The judging panel will be made up of
the Committee Members of the IET
Vision and Imaging Network or their
Each submission will be judged on
the basis of academic excellence,
value of the work to the wider
Engineering community and public
benefit, business potential, novelty of
the basic idea and its implementation.
Winners of the awards will be notified
by email on 2 December 2013. They
will be invited to attend ICDP-2013 in
London (www.icdp-conf.org) where the
awards will be presented. Reasonable
travel expenses and accomodation will
be reimbursed up to a total of £150,
subject to prior approval.
Send your nominations to:
Terms and Conditions
- A University Department may make only one entry for each prize category (MSc, PhD) for a project submitted in 2013.
- Entries must be submitted by email with abstract attached in PDF format. The subject line of the email must contain the words "V&I
MSc/PhD Project Award", the name of the University, name of the Department, name of the student and prize category (MSc or PhD)
- It is a condition of entry that the student agrees for their name and abstract to be published if they win the award. Winners will be
expected to sign any reasonable agreements in respect of the publishing or reproduction of their abstract.
- The decision of the judges is final and interpretation of the term 'best' is entirely at their discretion.
- Neither the judges, committee members of the V&I Network or the IET will enter into any correspondence with regards to judging